Fat transfer, also known as fat grafting or autologous fat transplantation, is a cosmetic surgery procedure in which fat is taken from one area of the body and injected into another area to restore volume, contour, and improve aesthetics. This innovative technique provides a natural alternative to synthetic fillers or implants.
- Harvesting: Using liposuction, fat is gently extracted from a donor site where the patient has excess fat, commonly the abdomen, thighs, or flanks.
- Processing: Once the fat is harvested, it’s purified and prepared for transfer. This involves separating the live fat cells from the other components.
- Reinjection: The processed fat is then carefully injected into the target area using specialized cannulas to ensure even distribution and natural-looking results.
- Natural Results: Uses your body’s own fat, leading to results that look and feel natural.
- Double Benefit: Reduces unwanted fat from donor sites while enhancing and rejuvenating target areas.
- Long-Lasting: While some of the transferred fat may be naturally absorbed by the body, a significant portion can remain indefinitely, providing long-term results.
- Minimal Risk: Reduced risk of allergic reactions or complications, as the patient’s own tissue is used.
- Versatility: Can be used in various areas of the face (cheeks, temples, under the eyes, and lips) to restore volume, naturally!
- The recovery period for fat transfer varies depending on the areas treated. Patients might experience some swelling, bruising, and discomfort in both the donor and recipient sites. Most individuals can return to light activities within a week, although strenuous activities should be avoided for several weeks.
Fat transfer cosmetic surgery offers a natural and versatile solution to address various aesthetic concerns. By using one’s own body fat, it provides a biocompatible and long-lasting result. Always ensure you choose a reputable and experienced surgeon for the best outcome.
Video of Preparation & Injections:
What is It?
A natural way to gain volume in areas that need it most (cheeks, temples, under the eyes, and lips) with long-lasting results!
Downtime: 1 Week
Anesthesia: Typically General
Who is it for?
Anyone that wants to decrease wrinkles, get rid of “hollow” areas and gain volume in the face. Works best in conjunction with other procedures like Face/Neck Lift, Blepharoplasty & Skin Resurfacing