Face masks have become part of our new normal, but they are also wreaking havoc on our skin! Over the past few months, a new term has emerged to highlight this problem and it’s called: “Maskne”.
What is Maskne?
Maskne=face mask+acne. It’s a combination of sweat and oil build up along with skin irritation caused by friction of the skin and the mask. It usually appears around where the mask sits on your face or mainly around the jaw, chin and cheeks.
Tips on How To Avoid Maskne
- Wash your face with gentle cleanser before wearing a mask. We suggest Obagi Nu-Derm Gentle Cleanser or Skin Medica Facial Cleanser.
- Try to skip the foundation to avoid clogged pores.
- Apply moisturizer to minimize the friction between the mask and skin. We love Obagi Hydrate or Skin Medica Rejuvenative Moisturizer.
- Always wear a clean mask. If it’s a washable one, be sure to wash it daily.
- Schedule regular HydraFacials to clean out the skin.
- Invest in the Obagi Acne/Cleansing Wipes to clean skin on the go.